FPC1021 is a new smaller CMOS fingerprint sensor based on preceding technology with several significant advantages. FPC1021 combines industry-leading performance with more than 30% reduction in size of the sensor compared to FPC1020.
Despite its smaller size, the industry leading performance of FPC1021 has been possible due to major advancements in the matching algorithm that comes embedded with FPC1021 without compromising its superior image quality of 256 gray scale values in every single programmable pixel. The sensor with its 3D pixel sensing technology can read virtually any finger: dry or wet. Thanks to the extremely hard and durable surface coating capable of more than 10 million finger placements, FPC1021 is protected against ESD well above ±30 kV as well as scratches and every day wear-and-tear.
The FPC1021 has ultra-low power consumption and consumes less than 5 mA during image capture. It is also very easy to integrate, as FPC1021 is available as a stand-alone with one LGA (Land Grid Array) component, requiring few additional components needed.
The FPC1021 comes with different software packages.
- Best in class imaging quality with 256 true grey scale values in every pixel
- Thin, compact and easy to integrate including navigation function
- Robust protective coating capable of more than 10 million finger placements
- Full ESD protection to more than ±30kV
- Ultra-low power consumption