The FPC1020 is a new compact CMOS fingerprint sensor with several significant advantages. It delivers best-in-class image quality with 256 gray-scale values in every single programmable pixel. The sensor with its 3D pixel-sensing technology can read virtually any finger – dry or wet. Thanks to the extremely hard and durable surface coating capable of withstanding more than 10 million finger placements, the FPC1020 is protected against ESD well above 30 kV as well as against scratches and everyday wear and tear.
The FPC1020 has ultra-low power consumption and consumes less than 5 mA when reading an image. It is also very easy to integrate because the packaging includes a full module with flex film, and no external components are required. The FPC1020 is also available as a standalone with one LGA (Land Grid Array) component.
The FPC1020 comes with different software packages.
- Complete fingerprint sensor module. No external components
- Best-in-class imaging quality with 256 true grey-scale values in every pixel
- Thin, compact, and easy to integrate
- Robust protective coating capable of withstanding more than 10 million finger placements
- Full ESD protection to more than ±30 kV
- Ultra-low power consumption
- 8 V operation